Friday 20 January 2012

A beginning...

Welcome to Mages IRL, a window I have created to share my quest into roleplaying games and to which I hope will serve as a resource or point of interest to tabletop enthusiasts. My journey begins here as I embark on my mission of becoming a DM in my own right and I hope to share ideas, settings, homebrewisms and subsequent gaming sessions with the blogging community. I am hoping to run both online and tabletop games and will share commentary for each (perhaps even a vlog, technology permitting). Don't feel hurt or betrayed if I throw in my thoughts and opinions on my other interests from time to time!

In the coming days and weeks I will be reviewing the following products as the building blocks in establishing my desired ruleset and brand of gaming. I feel that my desired quality and freedom of interaction between players and DM should come from the most organic place possible and that OSR (Old School Renaissance) games such as OSRIC, Labyrinth Lord & Swords & Wizardry all offer a depth of freedom, breadth of rules and replication of vintage Dungeons & Dragons that I'm really excited to explore. That and the individual 'feel' and atmosphere presented in each of these books is awesome. I'm currently awaiting hardbacks of both Osric and LL, with a digest sized Swords & Wizardry Whitebox in production at a local printers. I may have spoiled myself.



Coming Soon


No comments:

Post a Comment